Friday, June 16, 2006


It is a very tense moment when you make your first post to your first blog! Given the stated purpose of this blog, I feel as though I should post something about a completed item, something from the past, something I have actually DONE! However, I have no photos (yet) of any of those things, and so I shall start this blog with my current piece of inspiration.

This is a photo that I took at Jersey zoo, and then modified in PhotoShop (my first go at doing such a thing). It was originally flamingos, and I hope that the essence remains, and that it has been overlayed with some of the characteristics of Dali's floppy watches. This is now the starting point for a textile collage that I want to do. A challenge as I don't usually work with pinks!

4 comments:

Good Kharma Bunny said...

Welcome to the land of blogs!
looking good!
al x

Good Kharma Bunny said...

who is mac?
al x

Anonymous said...

Ok, I m a newbee, what's a blog/ blogger. I mean I know what wher did the term originate from etc?

Beautiful handbag by the way!

Mac's niece said...

Good question - I found out this...

Blog
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A weblog, which is usually shortened to blog, is a website where regular entries are made (such as in a journal or diary) and presented in reverse chronological order. Blogs often offer commentary or news on a particular subject, such as food, politics, or local news; some function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. Most blogs are primarily textual although many focus on photographs, videos or audio.

The first blogs were known as "online diaries", and started in 1994. The term "weblog" itself was coined by Jorn Barger on 17 December 1997.