Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The lost summer

My little chap has only one week of the summer holidays left. Where has the time gone?

When the summer began, I knew it would be difficult to post during July, and August, but I did not know how difficult it would become. This blog came very close to being a victim of the delete button, but kind comments and encouragement from family and friends near, far, and Internet enabled have meant that I have managed to find an ounce of resolve, and want to keep posting, sharing, and learning from others through the blogging channel.

There has been little craft done this summer, but this week I have progressed things a little, and hope to use these small accomplishments as a springboard to return to chronicling my dabblings and the wonderful talents of other people I happen across. So the latest FOs and UFOs and new projects include:

- 3 more little woolly hats for the Big Knit challenge;
- a length of rich felted "fabric" made from a previous knit that I had grown tired of and destined to become my autumn everyday bag;
- a promise to knit a bag for one of my Irish cousins-in-law who was kind enough to take me under her wing for a day on our recent holiday while the boys cooed over tractors and heavy plant and also went fishing;
- a very exciting project for winter scarf exchange with Katie from l'aubergine joyeuse.

No pictures as yet... but soon.

I think of Alice at every turn. She'd be smiling and would have lots of news to share. Little chap and I played with her lovely children in the park today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear mac's niece glad to see you back and that you with held the delete button too.
Your contributions to the blogging world are lovely, may be we will soon see a painting, now that school is nearly back.
Its always good to hear of your little chap too I'm sure that he is a great help.
Congratulations on the results of your step son. You must all be feeling the relief that its over for now.

Katie said...

thanks for the shout-out! glad you are keeping up the blog. it can be good therapy, i think :)

Dancin Fool said...

You have been tagged. Follow Me!