Monday, December 17, 2007

Red Belt!


Back in September, I joined a women only kickboxing course. It has been great fun, I have made new friends, and got a lot fitter. Today I had my first grading and passed my red belt test! Not only that but I got the highest score in the class! I am feeling very pleased about this, and really looking forward to continuing the course next year. It is important to note that I am not in the picture above which is shown courtesy of http://mixed-martial-art-photo.blogspot.com.


5 comments:

Katie said...

woohoo! congrats on making your red belt!

Dancin Fool said...

Hey! Once again awesome and well done!

Also lovely to see your paintings again. (I visit daily and don't always leave a comment but it's part of my blogging routine and a highlight of my day!)

Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

Well done mac's niece on getting your Red Belt, is this the same martial art as Savate?

Mac's niece said...

Thanks to all for the congartulatory messages. In response to the question about Savate... (French style kick boxing)... savate does not allow blows from the knees and shins, only the feet (unlike Thai style).

bowledover said...

Up date to mac'c niece who has now attained the third belt, an orange belt in Kick Boxing, even following an injury to her ankle.
Well done mac's niece.