Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Chunky collar

I recently bought the book "One skein wonders" edited by Judith Durant. It's a great book - full of small (one skein!) projects of varying complexity and using a wide range of yarns.

I decided to try out one of the projects using some hand spun, hand dyed wool that was given to me by a friend for my birthday. The wool is dyed using things found in her garden, and the two pieces I used were alum & onion skin, and elderberry.

The project I chose was the "chunky collar" which is a neat alternative to a scarf, and is knitted in "broken rib" pattern.

Well, it takes about 3 hours to complete... and I am wearing it already as it is so comfortable, warm and not at all bulky. We live in an old house, and our boiler is on the blink as well, so it can be a bit chilly at times... but no longer thanks to this fun little project!!


By the way, that is NOT my wrinkly neck showing from underneath the collar, but a handily sized plant pot!


There is no art to report today, as we did colour theory, and I doubt that my various blobs of green and orange hues (guaranteed to aid aerial perspective in my next painting) will be of much interest here.

3 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

Hello! That's lovely and very elegant.

Good Kharma Bunny said...

that's beautiful,
clever girl!
al x

Mac's niece said...

Thank you both. I will be taking orders ;-)