Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Art week 6

Today we tried applying last week's colour theory to a still life in water colour. I did not do very well! I found it very difficult today... I could have spent all morning on the sketch, let alone try and deal with the colour.


Anyway the good points are, I like some of the texture I achieved on the taller jar, and the reflected colour from the apple. Overall, though, I was disappointed.


On a more exciting note, today is the closing date for applications to SP10, and so in the next 2 weeks I should find out who I am going to be secret pal to (i.e. the person I will be sending stuff to) and I will also be allocated to someone who will then send stuff to me (i.e. they will be the secret pal to me). It's exciting. I have been on the lookout for nice things to send to my pal, and am looking forward to finding out what she likes and what she does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We like it. Nice capture of the light on the jar and the apple. We award it 7/10