Thursday, September 06, 2007

Felted thank you bag

First craft posting in a while....

When in Ireland recently, a cousin's wife kindly took me on a girly day out while the men folk did manly things with tractors and fishing rods!!!

As a thank you, I made her this felted shibori'd bag... it is made from the shibori piece I made last year, and is lined in cream linen. I hope that she likes it.

I think it works better as an item of use (ie a bag) than a piece of created knitted fabric.

Here is the front...

and here is a close up of some of the detail in the back.


and because I cannot help to think about such things... Alice made fabulous bags. She felted using merino tops rather than knitting yarn up first. It is something to do with making a sandwich which you later cut open and scouring it with cut up orange bags. We were going to have a day doing it together this summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful bag the colours and bead work are very well done.
I am sure the recipient will love it.

Dancin Fool said...

That is beautiful. I love the colours you have chosen. (Don't ever stop talking about Alice out loud will you.xx)

Dancin Fool said...

Wow! The Hatometer has suddenly shot up again! Is that you?!?!?!?

I have some contributions to send in from Bowledover and me!

Anonymous said...

mac's neice when are you going to put an entry up again you are missed very much.