Saturday, August 12, 2006

Baubles, bangles and beads

Here is an update on the plaster of paris and chocolate tray project...

My boy and I filled the tray with the plaster, left it overnight to set, then the next day we turned them out and sprayed them gold.
Then the fun really began as we pulled out our mighty selection of glitter, sequins, stickers and beads. I think they look pretty good, and will definitely grace our home at Christmas time.

I'm quite keen on this plaster modeling as an activity for children now. There is stirring and pouring to do, then the waiting (good discipline for them!), then pressing out from the moulds, and then the final decoration. I think we might be making a series of bespoke fridge magnets next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm, they look good enough to eat!

Good Kharma Bunny said...

wow, they look fab,
well done you two.
al x