Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Summertime blues

I have a young son who started school this year - this is our first summer holiday period, and I am really enjoying having him back at home every day. I know it is sometimes difficult to keep children entertained during the very long summer break, but so far we have not had any difficulties.

This is our next project...


I love this photo because it makes a very mundane item into something very interesting. This is the tray from a box of chocolates. They were very nice chocolates :-) and the tray reflects their quality in that it is much more sculpted and robust than the normal cellophane trays you get. So apart from photographing it, we plan to fill it with plaster of Paris, turn out the individual pieces, file them, spray them gold then decorate them with sequins and beads and use them as Christmas decorations. (Yes, I know it is only August, but actually everyone I take into my confidence and tell that I am already hatching Christmas plans then confesses to me that they are doing the same thing!).

I imagine that will keep a small boy entertained for most of an afternoon. Watch this space for the results!

No comments: