Saturday, August 26, 2006

Wrapped around your finger

It has been a difficult couple of weeks in our household with illness and unfortunately death striking across the family. There have been a lot of emotions flowing which I hope to capture in some form as gifts of condolence and comfort to my nearest and dearest. These items hopefully will show here before too long, but in the mean time, here are some cards I made in more quiet times.














The first is one (green and gold on cream background) is called frosty lawn, which was made by cutting up strips of fancy fabric, and knitting them in randomly with a rather nice green speckled yarn.

Next is starry night (on blue background), which was a lovely petrol blue mix yarn of very varied texture (can't you tell I am not very good at this by how poor my descriptions are!) Just straight knitted into a largish sample, then sewn onto a backing cloth, chopped up, glued down and star shaped embelishments added.

Finally (stripey on black background) is a yarn wrapping technique using my extensive "neutral tone" (no... not beige!) stash, which I have rather grandly called 'Snow on the Charnwood Hills'. Of the three I like this best, followed by frosty lawn.

Anyway, they have started my homemade christmas card collection (not bad for August!).

No comments: