Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Funky stripes

I have made another journal cover as a gift.

This one was knitted, but I found I had to line it with fabric otherwise it curled at the edges.

Next time I'd knit it wider although with it being quite tight it makes the stripes curve nicely. It is a mixture of hand dyed linen and sari silk. The colours are all very acid - it makes the whole thing look quite fresh I think.



I have also had a "refresher course" on sewing machine basics from a very good friend of mine. So the darning plate has been fitted, the foot removed, and freeform machine stitching here we come. We've still not addressed the frustrations of sewing with metallic thread - but it never hurts to leave some bits to be done by hand.

3 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

Blimey! You have really been busy! Well, top journal cover, and top puppy (a few items back!).

I think the Christmas gift boxes are a lovely idea and will check it out myself. They had a collection for Croatia outside Sainsburys the other week. They asked people to buy an extra item to donate. I asked them what they were short on, on the second day they were there, and they said all of the items you listed, really simple and items we take for granted but very valuable.

xx

Dancin Fool said...

And I just had to add congradulations on reaching 250 hits!!

Dancin Fool said...

Congradulations on your tri-centennial! I am not sure if that is the most appropriate term but you know what I mean. If I could draw on the PC screen I would do you some of my balloons....back to Johnnys again!

I don't know if you have heard from T-Bone again but he was very grateful for the message and it made him laugh. xx