Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Reduce, Re-use, Recycle

Viva Bob the Builder!

I bought what I thought was a fun and interesting yarn back in the summer. Patons Splash ("fun and fresh").

I knitted it into a wraparound belt with wooden bead fastening using the pattern: k1, *yf, k2tog, *repeat to last stitch, k1 - simple I know, but a nice little project. The pattern is nice enough and vaguely lacey...

But on completion, all parties agree that knitted up it looks like knotted string woven through with old tights. So technically OK but aesthetically a disaster! Infact so bad that I cannot bring myself to even sew on the beads!

Looks like an inspired bit of recycling! A big disappointment! Let's hope the next project works out better!
So on an uncharacteristally personal note, here is my little boy dressed up as a puppy in an old blanket and my slippers.... aaahhhhh!!!

No comments: