Friday, January 12, 2007

Orchids

It was my birthday yesterday, and as part of a pamper myself day, I set aside all afternoon to do some painting. Now usually this would mean emulsioning walls or ceilings. But this time, I got out my watercolours and had a go at painting some orchids which I received for Christmas.


I have mixed feelings about the results. I am pleased with some of the brushwork, but the overall shape of the orchid petals was very difficult, and is not right. The main thing, though, was that it was a very relaxing and enjoyable couple of hours. I have also signed up for another term of a painting and drawing class. I am really looking forward to spending some time each week on artistic pursuits.




1 comment:

Dancin Fool said...

amlegwHello! I think the orchids are beautiful. I like the contrast in colour from flower to background, there is a central warmth and beauty.

(I have a brilliant costume idea for the, you know what! You will have to wait and see though!!) xxx

xxx