Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Just like Christmas!

At breakfast time this morning, there was a knock at the door, and on my doorstep stood a courier holding out a parcel...



"How exciting!" I thought, "I wonder what it can be." The postal label gave me a clue...



My little chap was keen to share in the excitement, and gave me a hand to open the parcel.



And inside we found a whole host of wonderful goodies:



My wonderful secret pal had worked her magic again, with special treats for both me and my boy. Starting with the yarn, I found two skeins of this wonderful Ironstone "Mesa" wool. "Bright colours mixed in interesting ways" my Sp10 questionnaire said, and this fits the bill beautifully. It is already on my needles and is destined to become a spring/summer shrug so that I can wear these bright and cheery colours. There was also a replica vintage pendant yarn cutter in brass, and a wooden thimble with a flower design and the word "Texas" on it. Both of these will be very useful items. The yarn cutter in particular is practical and unusual.



There were some lavender organic bath products. I have a thing for proper hand made soap... it smells and feels great.



There was also a small box decorated with a kimono, which is now in my sewing and painting room, and will hold all sorts of little treasures and keep them close to hand. A woolly sheep which made me smile, and is very appropriate for where I live, and a hand made zipped pocket which now houses my small collection of crochet hooks.



Finally there was some polka dot "sidewalk chalk" and "Incredibles" action figures for the little chap.


He, needless to say, was delighted...


Thank you, secret pal, for spoiling us both so generously and thoughtfully! I shall keep you posted on progress with the Ironstone yarn. Those colours are wonderful.

6 comments:

Mac's niece said...

Oh!!! And you'll never guess what... I have just discovered that the sheep is a tape measure! That's cute. I wondered why he was "stuffed" with something so hard, then I inadvertantly tugged his tail!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and your little one like the goodies. I had a great time putting it together for you. The Sheep was a last minute 'find' that I just couldn't resist.

Of course there is more to come...

Your Secret Pal

Dancin Fool said...

Hello! It's like Christmas! What a wonderful parcel and what a wonderful secret pal!

Are you back at art college yet? Looking forward to seeing your next picture/ painting.

Mac's niece said...

Hi secret pal!

Putting these parcels together is good fun, isn't it... I have had great fun putting them together for my pal too. I have to say that you are very very good at it! Thank you gain...

Mac's niece said...

Hi Dancin' Fool... art class starts again next Wednesday. I'm looking forward to it. I had hoped to paint over the Easter break, but it just did not happen... Still maybe I can make up for that when we go away in May... only 6 weeks to go!

Dancin Fool said...

Isn't it brilliant to be counting down to May! Sun-pat is going to take a few days off to enjoy himself round and abouts and play with the new music software. 36 days to go!