Monday, July 02, 2007

I Count!

Have you heard of the I Count campaign yet? It is a coalition of 50 trusted campaigning organisations focused on "stopping climate chaos". See http://www.ICount.org.uk
I've already signed up online and they provide a range of good options for how I can be part of reducing my carbon footprint. There are probably some options you can act on too.

At Glastonbury at the weekend - where I Count was the headline campaign - over 70,000 new people signed up. It's hard to overstate the kind of leap. Now even bigger things are to come. On 7 July the worldwide Live Earth concerts promise to raise unprecedented awareness about climate chaos. I Count is one of the groups behind the event in London, and will use it to build pressure on politicians, and force political action.

Would you like to be a part of stopping Climate Chaos? The look up this site, and start taking action today. There are all sorts to choose from: from personal day to day actions to political lobbying and everything in between.

No comments: