Friday, June 29, 2007

Raw 'n Pure

This is the name of the new organic box scheme which operates locally, and which I used for the first time yesterday. There have been other box schemes here, but one stopped because it became too popular (a weird kind of irony there) and others, in my opinion deliver from too far away, and so lose points on the eco front.


This one (Raw n Pure) are about 7 miles away, and is run by two very nice women. I had a veg "surprise me" box, and a fruit "surprise me" box. This gives you the best value selection of seasonal and available products with a guarantee that there will be at least 5 items in each. This cost me £10 plus £1 for delivery. Very good value I think. Feast your eye on this....




I also finished the felted bag I was making from yarn sent me by my secret pal. It has turned out a lot hairier than I thought, but it's just the right size to carry my keys and phone when I go to pick my chap up from school. The rosette, and embellishment at the top is made using sari ribbon. I am pleased with it.




I have also cast on the stitches and knitted about 2" of the felted hat kit (colourway: seabreeze and blush). Pictures of that next time. I am using the Denise needle set. They were odd at first - the plastic of the needles takes a bit of getting used to (they are very slippery), as does the very small length of needle, and the long length of interconnecting cord, but I am getting there now. I had to unpick it the first time, as I twisted it when I joined it into the round, so I had a nice Moebius strip of a hat developing. That would have been fun! Thankfully I caught it before I had got too far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only good value and delivered to your door but it looks as though the veg is only just cut can't get fresher than that can you.

Mac's niece said...

Yes - very good value for the purse and for the body and soul! These veg box schemes are great.

Katie said...

wow...the organic boxes are brilliant! must now go see if we have anything like that where i am. probably not :(

Mac's niece said...

Hi Katie - yes it's great isn't it, and I can tell you, it tasted even better than it looked. Hope you find a veg box scheme near you... I really like the ones that will deliver what is best value and seasonal (ie you don't have to specify every individual item) as it's then a great surprise each week - although sometimes a challenge to come up with a meal that suits the ingredients. Our organic farm is also doing recipe based boxes i.e. you pay for a recipe and they send the right amount of all the herbs, fruit and veg you need to make that meal. Great idea, isn't it.