Thursday, June 28, 2007

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Posted by Picasa
I managed to put aside some time yesterday to sit and paint and enjoy. I seem drawn at the moment to try to capture my childhood experiences of holidays on the Lincolnshire coast. I am also trying to learn how to suggest distance and form with gradients of colour, and small indistinct marks, rather than lots of detailed brush strokes.

I quite like this picture, although I think the line of the sea needs to be less broken, and perhaps there needs to be something more for the eye to focus on.

6 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

That's beautiful! Ok I know I say that a lot but I really do love your paintings.

The people and windbreak are my favourite.

Mac's niece said...

Thank you! Glad you like it. I'm pleased too.

Hope you have checked out the big knit... I thought of you when I posted it - a good way into knitting for you I thought...

Dancin Fool said...

I haven't looked at the big knit yet but I will, a brilliant first project.

Anonymous said...

Like the picture a lot. very Lowry Picture is my new desktop. Nice for me to arrive into work and seeing your painting as my desktop background. Lovely.

Judge C. likes it 'very nice'. thinks the people (in the background) look like they are wearing bonnets, so it must be an Edwardian scene.

Anonymous said...

This lovely picture makes me very happy, perhaps due to memories. I feel that you have bounded forward since you have gone solo. Well done.

Mac's niece said...

Thank you - yes, happy memories.