Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Threads and Beads

This is the ongoing saga of the layered machine embroidery piece I started a while ago. Various threads were trapped between some sheer gold fabric and stitched over. I was never too happy with it as a large piece, but it has now made its way onto a set of Christmas cards. I cut it into small squares, bound the edges and added a bead as embellishment. I think they work a lot better this size, although I am determined to work on a large piece again. There are six cards in total, all slightly different.





This brings my total of Christmas cards made so far this year to 48! Only 52 more to go! So far I have never met my target of making all 100 cards... but this year is looking the closest yet. This 100 does not include the 30 homemade ones we also make for little chap to give to his school chums!

I have also finished the first skein of silk boucle that I am using to knot a scarf for a blogging friend... just tying on the second skein now...

2 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

They are truly beautiful.

Katie said...

do you do much work with beads? i have a friend who makes handmade glass beads for jewelery - i should see if she's got some random one's laying around and send them to you with your scarf if you'd like.