Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Silk Fibre Paper


A while ago I made a felted bag which incorporated shibori pleating as a thankyou for a cousin in Ireland. Last week, I received a lovely card saying how pleased she was with the bag. The card itself is a work of art, and features hand made paper which incorporates silk fibres. The card is called "Burren Hills 1". The card was made by Leueen Hill.



The Burren is a fabulous place, and has been designated a place of "special scientific interest" because of the micro-climate and rare flora found on its limestone pavement, and is also an archaeologists dream with its megalithic tombs and monuments. My husband and I visited it on our first trip to Ireland. I think the card captures the colours and contours of the place very well. Thank you, Veronica, for sending me such a lovely card.




No comments: