Wednesday, December 20, 2006

24-60 hours

That is the estimated period from 1st sign of symptoms to recovery for winter vomiting bug, which landed in our household at 3:00am this morning! So we had all last week off school with fevers and coughs, and this week we managed 2 days at school before sickness and the dreaded 'd' word (all Mums will know what I mean).

So I am glued to the settee as my little chap won't let me out of his sight, while he moans and tosses and turns, and periodically "chucks".

Still, the time can be put to good use. So I have started on NEXT years Christmas cards!!! I am exploring a holly motif and seeing how many different ways I can do it. I did glass paints on acetate this morning, and will try that textured fabric paint that you make bubble up with a heat gun tonight. I have also got some embossing powder that I had long forgotten about, a holly punch, and lots of green and red fabrics and threads - so it could be fun.
I promised to show the citrus filled organza bag from a couple of posts back, so here it is...

Also here is a Christmas table decoration that my little boy made while off sick last week. It's a cheese spread carton covered with glitter, with Christmas cake decorations stuck in, and snow made from dessicated coconut. The coconut looks really good, and smells nice too!



No comments: