Saturday, December 09, 2006

Iridescence

I have just completed my final home made Christmas present! (Actually this completes all my Christmas presents, except for the one that Amazon worryingly keeps informing me has been further delayed. I ordered it at the beginnng of November, and the delivery estimate is now 21st Dec... do you think it will come in time?)

Anyay, back to the home made one. This is a decorated organza bag which will be filled with a selection of clove studded citrus fruits. My little helper is in charge of decorating the fruits, and I have had fun using some of my purchases from the Harrogate exhibition. I took some fusible (peacock green) and non-fusible (bronze) angelina fibres, and heated them over a rubber stamp to fuse them and imprint them at the same time. I then cut out the leaf shape, stitched it onto the organza bag, and then had some fun adding some beads and tiny bells. I am not very experienced with beads, but am quite pleased with this attempt.

Hopefully the sight and scent combination of this present will go down well.

4 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

That is really beautiful.

Excuse my ignorance but do you use the completed article as a room air fragrance or is it for decoration?

You must post a picture of the finished piece, I would love to see it.

xx

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful!!
clever girl!! ( in a non patronising way)

Mac's niece said...

Dear Dancing Fool, it is for decoration AND amazing fragrance (eiter room or closet)! And the combination of citrus and cloves smells really christmassy.

Pics of finished piece to come soon...

Good Kharma Bunny said...

oooh I seem to have posted anonymously...
it was me. I also did mange to post the post I posted about pork pie. arrrggghhhh
You know you want to try the pork pie, it's a great tradition.
al x