Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's all about me!

Good kharma bunny invited me to do her tagged meme. She also asked what a meme was. So I did some investigation... in blogs it tends to be a list of questions you have seen somewhere, and decide to answer and post. However, apparently, the high-brow explanation is "a unit of cultural information that represents an idea that can be transferred from one individual to another, and is subject to mutation and adaptation" (that sounds like Chinese Whispers to me).

However, the way I think of it, is that these lists always seem to be things to reveal about yourself, so I think a meme is really a me-me, as in the title: "It's all about me!".

Anyway this one is six weird things about yourself... so here goes...

1. I often dream about celebrity chefs, especially Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall.

2. I skipped school only once in my life: to go and see the opera La Traviata. Not even my Mum knows that.

3. I like potato waffles and the skin off roast chicken, both covered in salt. I think it is because overall I have a low fat, low salt diet, so every now and then my body just screams at me "go on... do it!"

4. I studied psychology at university, yet I am a sucker for self improvement books.

5. I once went to a fancy dress party as Clint Eastwood. My husband said "you're brave!".

6. My husband and I met when we were joint presenters on a 5 day training programme. Does that make me the teacher's pet? There was some good chemistry on the course.


Actually, not sure that these are weird things. But they are not things I tend to tell people every day!

Oh, and I am now supposed to tag 6 other people. Afraid I can only think of one who has not been tagged already so here you go In The Pink

1 comment:

Dancin Fool said...

Your are lovely, not only am I impressed at your honesty but you have also left a link to Hugh! He should be told how dedicated his fans are!

And I have to say I am also extremely impressed that you skipped school in order to see La Traviata, one of the few operas I have seen and I loved it, I cannot think of a better reason to skip school, infact it should be the only reason to skip school!

Lastly, before I take up all of your comment space what to I do now regarding being tagged?