Monday, December 18, 2006

Does it count?

Well, not exactly a making moment... but we had our family Christmas party yesterday. There were 12 of us and I did a huge spread of all home cooked food - even the bread was home made. My spinach and rice balls also made a re-appearance on the menu after 10 years absence (well, they are VERY fiddly to make!).

It was a lovely do, and thankyou to all who came along. It felt like a sort of milestone for me, as it marked the end of three weeks' work, one of which was spent with a little chap off school sick.

Anyway... I was asked for my recipe for the glaze I put on the turkey so here it is:

1/2 jar crab apple jelly (or you could use cranberry)
Grated zest of one orange
1 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg

Heat and reduce slightly in a pan, pour over the turkey for the last 20 minutes of roasting. Yummy!

Small boy is back at school today...

Merry Christmas to everyone.

PS What is black and blue and yellow all over? Answer: Me falling down the cellar stairs while holding a bowl of custard.

4 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

Hello!

Just a small note to say a huge thank you for the party yesterday, we had a lovely time. I hope you are not black and blue!?!?!?

xx

Dancin Fool said...

There seems to be a loss of site meter! I am trying to keep track as you have been rapidly approaching 400 hits!

Good Kharma Bunny said...

I hope you haven't fallen down that cellar as well.
Have a go at the tag thing on my site it's quite fun.
Hope to see you tuesday
al x

Mac's niece said...

Site meter restored - thank you for the quality control!