Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No will power!


Having said I would save the socks for a holiday project, I just could not resist starting them last night. The yarn is knitting up really nicely, and it only took me a couple of rows to get used to knitting in the round. Everything people say about wooden needles is true! These Brittany needles are lovely to work with. I am hopeful of a completed sock by the end of the weekend, and a completed pair by the end of my holiday.

In the picture you will also see a knitter's charm sent to me by Dancin' Fool (thank you again). It's a keyring, but I am using it as a stitch marker at the moment. It is a very sweet little jumper on a pair of knitting needles.

I still have news from the girlfriend's visit to share, but it is going to have to wait another day or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! I'm glad you're getting the hang of knitting in the round. Enjoy the sock knitting.

Your Pal....

Dancin Fool said...

Top wool!

Mac's niece said...

I think you mean yarn, seeing as technically it is made from soy not wool!!! ;-)

It's like I now call all 4 legged herds cattle rather than say "cows" and risk having farming stock talk about the bullocks in the field !!!

BTW the farm we are staying on is domestic so only horses, ducks and goats to worry about!