Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sock it to me!


Just look at this! This morning my secret pal pulled another of her wonderful tricks out of the bag... I got a fabulous sock knitting package through the post.
It contains 2 balls of yarn made from soy fibre, some beautiful wooden needles (1st I have owned) and a pattern for "beginner socks". The yarn is in beautiful soft colours of green, pink, brown and yellow and is really soft and springy. It's a knitted fibre itself, and I am really looking forward to trying it out.
I have read through the pattern, and it all seems clear enough, although turning the heel is a little daunting. I am tempted to dive in and get started on this project right away, but then again, it is just 10 days until I go on holiday, and I think this might be a nice project to take away with me.
Thank you secret pal... this is a fabulous surprise, and has really made my day.

No comments: