Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"Working from home"

I did not go to my art class today. There were a number of reasons for this but the main one was that for the last couple of weeks I have not enjoyed it at the class. I am not sure why, I think I was just feeling out of sorts.

Anyway, I stayed at home and finished the wallpapering in the hall, and then tonight I sat down and decided to just enjoy painting, and not try too hard to produce anything "finished". Anyway, that might have done the trick, as I am actually rather pleased with the two paintings I produced. The inspiration came from reading a story book to my little chap tonight... the story was "we're going on a bear hunt" and in it a family take a long walk through many different scenes including a beach, and a muddy walk in a storm.

I like the sky and the wet sand in the seashore picture, and I like horizon line in the second picture. Not sure about the figures, or the bird in the foreground... but it had to be tried! The main thing is I enjoyed it, and it might be just the thing to get me back to class next week.




6 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

Hello! I really like both of those, and they look like you enjoyed painting them. I also really like the figures, they have movement and pose.

The adult looks like they are leaning forward to assist in moving the child on, while the child leans back, and throws open their arms. I imagine them both to be laughing.

Mac's niece said...

Thank you for that. Yes, I was trying to show encouragement by the adult figure towards the child. The stormy sky did not work out quite as well as I had hoped, and I am still struggling with midground definition and marks. Still, I feel enthused again.

Thought you would like to know that little chap has packed hi sbag of toys ready for our holiday. He wanted me to take it downstairs and leave it by the door, but I said it was a bit early for that!

Dancin Fool said...

I love how enthusiastic children are! I am so glad he is looking forward to our holiday, I can't wait! 9 days and counting!

Dancin Fool said...

You have been tagged. I would like you to participate by revealing 8 habits/ oddities about yourself (that you are comfortable revealing) and post them on your site.

For full instructions go to my blog at this post.

http://twoknightsandmaidens.blogspot.com/2007/05/i-have-recently-been-tagged-almost.html

I know you have already done this but I could not do a tag list and not have you on it!

Anonymous said...

We like the beach picture especially, and also think your skies are very nice.

We are not so keen on the stormy walk picture. The people appear to have bow legs, and the seagull looks a little constipated!

But they are both very pleasant.

Mac's niece said...

Welcome back London Judges. I have missed your input.