Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sevens

I have been tagged by Dancin' Fool to complete a meme of 7 strange facts about myself. I have done this before, but felt she deserved 7 new things about me, so here goes.

1. 20 years on I still have occasional nightmares about taking my A levels: basically I dream I have skipped 2 years of classes and then have a month to make up all the work!

2. I love handbags.

3. One day I would like to be a librarian.

4. I live in a 300 year old house.

5. I love the works of Thomas Hardy, having first been introduced to his poetry and novels when studying for my O' levels (23 years ago!).

6. As a baby in Cyprus, my parents were offered 2 goats in exchange for me (fair deal I would say!).

7. If you put all the books we own on a single shelf, it would be over 90 feet long.


As I have done this before, it is difficult for me to tag 7 people, so I am going to tag 2 very special people... my secret pal, and my secret pal match (ie the person I am sending stuff to). I have to do this by (anonymous) email as until June 15th we do not reveal our true identities.

3 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

What a brilliant list! I only knew two, well one and a bit. I knew about the handbags obviously, and that your house goes back a bit!

Maybe an A level celebration party would purge your brain of the memory of the anxiety...sounds like a good reason for a celebration and it may just work!

So a librarian? Is it the books, or stamping them with the date stamp? Or a little of both and the quiet?

I am not going to comment on the goats! But an excellent fact to have about yourself!

That's a lot of books......how did you measure them?

Thank you loads for a top list!

Dancin Fool said...

One more tag from me...sorry, it's just a small one and good fun.

Grab the book that is nearest to you (no cheating), turn to page 161, post the text of the fifth full sentence on the page, post the rules and tag three people.

See you Friday!

Anonymous said...

I like your list also and am intrigued by the handbags.
I knew a librarian she was a font of knowledge she told me that you acquire lots of information over time, the nice part is having something to do with it.
I bet you were too valuable to be parted with though in Cyprus and now.