Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Another attempt...

So, mid ground and background brush strokes, and to an extent colours, are still eluding me. But here is my latest attempt at a painting. I am pleased to have included trees, buildings AND a PERSON!!!! in this picture.

I like the fineness of the work on the buildings. I see all the mistakes in the mid ground trees, but am not sure how to correct it. But still, overall, I am quite pleased.

This was homework, so I will see what teacher says tomorrow....


Tomorrow's lesson is a foray into acrylics... Yikes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that one very much.

Can we have it on a wall?

The only thing that looks a bit odd is the fence.

But it is beautiful. Great contrasts of colour for a watercolour.

Mac's niece said...

That will be the bridge then that looks a bit odd?!?!?!?!!! :-)

Hope you liked the fisherman... think of it as your first portrait.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like a bridge to me because no platform is apparent.

The fisherman has a nice tight line.

Dancin Fool said...

Wow! You should put this up on the wall! I love the trees, they are very three dimensional! The whole picture has so much depth to it.

I concur with the London Judges appraisal of the fishermans line although I read it as tight thigh first time round!

Mac's niece said...

Thank you!

A thigh line would indeed make anyone do a double take!