Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mother's Day

Why 3 posts today? Because I can!!

I had a wonderful day on Sunday. My husband, step son and son all spoiled me for mother's day.
I was cooked a breakfast of smoked trout and scrambled egg on bagel.

I was given a picture of a vase of flowers and homemade pasta brooch from my 5 year old, a card and bunch of flowers from my 16 year old, and a Sanctuary incense set from my husband.

Then they took me to an art gallery to see an exhibition I had wanted to see: Matisse to Freud - A Critics Choice. This is the collection of film critic Alexander Walker from the London Evening Standard which he bequeathed to the British Museum, and which is currently touring the country. The collection is a series of modern prints and drawings reflecting the major tendencies of British and American art movements from the 1960s onwards, and contextualised by a small number of early 20th century modernist pieces by artists like Picasso and Matisse. I had a wonderful time looking at them, and found some to be very inspiring, while others were just baffling.

Then home for a roast lamb dinner cooked by my husband.

What a wonderful day. I am very lucky.


2 comments:

Mac's niece said...

Hey!! My secret pal made contact this afternoon... she sounds great... ('hello secret pal!). I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

I also got my "match" for the person I am going to be secret pal to. That's really good, as I have had so many ideas for things to send to her... and now I can get going with a first package.

Good Kharma Bunny said...

yey,
wow sounds mothers day was cool.
al x