Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What do Bloggers read?

Two knights and maidens tagged me to take part in kailana's bloggers top ten books. It has been tough, and I have to say outright that Shakespeare's works and Chaucer's Canterbury Tales go without saying... but when I thought hard about it, these are the books that have shaped my life. I am sad to say that most of them were read when I was in my 20s... I really need to find another one to grip my imagination and make me think hard.

1. Saturday Night Sunday Morning - Alan Sillitoe
2. The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist - Robert Tressell
3. The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat - Oliver Sachs
4. The L Shaped Room - Lynne Reid Banks
5. Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert Pirsig
6. Return of the Native - Thomas Hardy
7. Woman on the Edge of Time - Marge Piercy
8. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
9. The Diceman - Luke Rhinehart
10. Modern Poetry 1900-1975 - George McBeth (ed)

Just off the list are:
11. Surely You're Joking Mr Feynman - Richard Feynman
12. Godel Escher Bach - Richard Hofstadter

I will come back and add the whys and wherefores for each choice, but for now I am pleased to have settled on my list.

2 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

An excellent list!

Kailana said...

Thanks for joining in!