Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Soft and fluffy

I have been meaning to post this for a week, but life in our house has been a bit too manic.

Anyway, last week I went on a girls' outing to a local yarn shop in Nottingham (yarn-in-notts.co.uk) ... absolutely brilliant! and run by a lovely and really helpful person.

Thankfully, I did the sensible thing and took my "one skein wonders" book with me so that I would only buy the yarn and needles I absolutely needed (oh so sensible!).

Anyway... I ended up with 2 yarns, some needles and a set of crochet hooks...


I am knitting the "sea foam shawl" from the one skein wonder book. It is in Rowan kidsilk haze... and is so lovely and light. It is going to have a beaded edge. I am dreaming of early summer evenings outside, when the temperature drops just a little, and what is needed is a pretty little shawl.

The other yarn (the turquoise one) is a mohair mix (Bergere de France - Symphonie), and was a very good price, so I am happy to experiment with it. I am hoping to try a shrug from this one.

In the meantime I knitted a flower brooch for my sister in fiery orange eyelash yarn with a crimson and orange button centre. It was a little thank you for her being such a good sister, and all the things she has helped me with recently.

No comments: